Tuesday, January 1, 2013

welcome 2013

 
Fast away the old year passes...


After a whirlwind holiday season and Christmas week spent with wonderful visits with family, I've spent most of the last few days of 2012 luxuriating in solitude.   It's been a chance to tackle the physical clean-up of the old year (Am I the only one who takes almost as much satisfaction in taking out the Christmas tree as I do enjoyment in putting it up?) but also to ready myself to start the new year with a clear mind and a clean slate.

In the past few days I've been remembering and revisiting some of the little activities that bring me happiness and I'll share them here in the next little while.   I stopped making New Year's resolutions a few years ago although I'd definitely say I have some New Year's aspirations.   I had a chuckle yesterday when the wonderful author Riel Nason tweeted that she had given up trying to explain the correct word to her five year old who insisted on making New Year's "Revolutions."  I don't know... I kind of like it.

How were your holidays?  Are you planning any New Year's "revolutions"?

No comments: