Monday, January 7, 2013

the weekend that was

The sun over the Nashwaak River from D's backyard.

I hope you had had a great weekend!  Saturday started off beautiful and sunny here.  My friend D and I headed to the local farmer's market and then to my place for a simple breakfast.


While I was cooking up breakfast I glanced outside to discover that the sunshine was gone and it was practically a white-out!  Five minutes later the sun and blue skies were out again.  Truly crazy weather!
Saturday night my friend K and I treated ourselves to a girls night of cocktails and conversation at the Blue Door.  We laughed a lot.  So much fun and great hospitality from the crew at this great restaurant.

Sazerac!  So delish - I'm all about the old school cocktails "served low."
And my first scriptwriting class on Sunday night was amazing - feeling so inspired.   We are each writing a one-act play over the course of the next five weeks.  Will be a challenge but I'm excited!

It wasn't all sunshine, French toast and sazerac this weekend.  One of the city's favourite pubs and eateries  - the Garrison District Ale House - suffered serious damage when a fire broke out there on Friday night.  The good news is that they plan to re-open in six weeks.  The down side is that they've had to lay off 38 employees in the meantime.  There's a fundraiser in the works to help the staff and you can find out more on Facebook or by following on Twitter.  Huge response already from the community makes me so proud of our little city!

How did you spend your weekend?

No comments: