Monday, April 11, 2011

weekend wrap-up: sunshine, shandies and sunday night supper

Finally!  A true spring weekend - it felt like it would never get here.  I spent most of the weekend at my parents' place on Grand Manan.  With an east-facing house, waking up early to enjoy the sunrise over the cove is a must. 
I'm looking forward to warmer weather and taking the kayaks out but this weekend I was content to cozy up on the sofa and bask in the morning light.


Made it back to Fredericton mid-afternoon Sunday.  Loved seeing so many people out on the Green along the river enjoying the sunshine.  Took a quick stroll to the exhibition centre for the spring antique sale.   Glad I did as I scored these great vintage earrings.  I'm loving this corally orange colour right now and paired with gold it's a classic summer earring.


Finished off the weekend with a Sunday night supper courtesy of Bridget and Vince.   Bridget whipped up some bright citrusy shandies -  the perfect drink for an early spring weekend.

 And Vince worked his magic on couple of curries.

Who could ask for a better weekend!  Hope you had a great one too!

No comments: