Thursday, December 2, 2010

season's greetings from our cove

Image: From our Cove

I was somewhat relieved last night while reading the latest issue of Martha Stewart to learn that according to 'Martha's Calendar', she'll be posting her Christmas cards on December 14.   With all the gift-making, show-rehearsing and Yuletide-socializing, Christmas cards have fallen down the to-do list. 

But I did pick out the cards I want to send  months ago. 

When I was helping my dad set up his Etsy shop From Our Cove, I thought his painting of the lighthouse at West Quoddy Head, the easternmost point in the United States, would make a beautiful Christmas card.  The candy cane colours of the lighthouse as it welcomes a returning ship seem so seasonal. The cards are now available in packs of 20 at the shop along with the print and several of his other seascapes.

Each week dad adds a new piece to the shop and gives a bit of history as well as some art tips over at the From Our Cove blog - for coastal livers and lovers and aspiring painters - it's a great resource!

No comments: