Friday, February 3, 2012

it's the weekend. take flight.


Cary Grant and Amelia Earhart

As I mentioned earlier this week Band of the Day is my addiction. One discovery, Destry, has become my winter evening soundtrack.   If you're a fan of the retro-pop sound of She & Him, you'll want to check them out.

Gorgeous little Australian zine called Spoonful out of Australia. 

Love this piece on Downton Abbey stars in real life and out of costume.  O'Brien and Hughes are unrecognizable.  And helloooo Bates, my love for you only grows.

Mix tapes of the literati . Need I say more.

Ok, so when I was singing "On My Own" into my hairbrush at 16, Samantha Barks was in diapers.  Still so excited that they've cast a new face as Eponine in the film version of Les Miz. (Also love that the original 'ponine Frances Ruffelle changed her Twitter pic to a shot of her and Samantha)

Letterpress is always delightful - check out the cute Valentines from Dutch Door Press (and how about those cute state birds?!)

If you still have not watched the adorable Kristen Bell's Sloth meltdown. Go. Watch. Now.  It's okay.  I'll wait... (hums Jeopardy theme)... Right?!  She's my new imaginary best friend.  "I needed to be sedated clearly."

Whether your weekend involves swooning over animals or not, I hope it's a great one!

xo

No comments: