Tuesday, May 17, 2011

the new girl



I have, and I am not ashamed to say it, a huge girl crush on Zooey Deschanel.  She's a smart and quirky actress who, among other things, starred in the unbelievably adorable (500) Days of Summer, is one half of the retro-sweet folk duo She & Him, she's charming and funny on twitter and tumblr, she's married to the lead singer of Death Cab for Cutie and she's named for a Salinger character.  Even her ad for cotton is a dream, for heaven's sake.

So the news that Fox has picked up her show The New Girl for the fall season makes me very, very happy.  I'm not even sure how I feel about the show itself based on this trailer but I feel my life will be better with weekly hits of Zooey.

(also this trailer seems to have the seem rehabilitating effect for Time of My Life as 500 Days did for Hall and Oates)

No comments: