Sunday, November 21, 2010

a well-dressed hottie

Living in a 110-year-old house, I tend to keep the thermostat turned down to 'brisk.'  And there are so many better ways to keep warm - cozy sweaters and handknit socks, wool throws and hot water bottles (or hotties as some call them).  I hate sleeping in a too-warm room but I also want to have toasty feet.  So I went old school and plunked down five bucks for a good old-fashioned red rubber hot water bottle.  It's quickly become one of my favourite things.   Of course like most things, hotties look more attractive in knitwear.  More and more hot water cozies are showing up around our knitting circle lately.  This pattern has become particularly popular (scroll down for the cable instructions).  I just finished mine tonight.  The cable and icy blue are so wint'ry and pretty... I can't wait to settle down for a long winter's nap.

No comments: