Friday, June 11, 2010

making plans

I haven't even left for Australia yet and already the trip has been so much fun.  Making lists, making plans, anticipation - these are things my dear friend Lori and I love.  (And why we're great travelling companions and friends.)  There have been more and more excited emails and giddy Skype calls as the trip draws closer.  She has the most amazing adventures planned for us and I can't wait to share them all with you.

The other evening as I was sitting down to write her an email she rang up on Skype to run a plan by me.

She suggested doing our platypus paddle on the evening of the 26th instead of the next morning. We'll get to see the glow-worms at dusk (seriously!) and then head to Apollo Bay on the coast for the night.  Next morning: the Great Ocean Road.

And I told her that I had been literally sitting down to write her that June 26th is a full moon (because we are the sort of girls who care about such things).  And now we would see it over Apollo Bay instead of inland and how perfect was that.

She agreed that it was meant to be.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Also I've had this adorable and happy song in my head since that conversation.

No comments: