Monday, March 15, 2010

Edit, Revise, Repeat

Dug out a writing project tonight that I'd been ignoring for several months. I'd like to say that setting it aside was the result of careful planning but it was really just procrastination.  Turns out, however, that the distance was precisely what I needed.   I was able to attack it with the ruthless red pen of revision.  I love my lap-top but nothing beats a good old red pen for revising, revising and revising again.  


(Please note how enthusiastic Henry aka "The Muse" looks.)

Tonight was satisfying. There were, of course, a couple of moments of "Wow. Did I actually think that sounded good? Yeesh." But there was also an encouraging moment or two when a solution to a particularly troublesome spot somewhat magically presented itself.

Here are some tulips on my kitchen table.

(They have nothing to do with writing whatsoever but they are tulips, they are yellow & pink and they make me smile.)

No comments: