Monday, January 3, 2011

farewell to the holidays

Hard to believe the Christmas holidays are winding down and tomorrow it's back to work and routine.  We were blessed with a gorgeous winter day for a final send-off to the holidays.  So of course we headed to Odell.  Some time late in February when I am wading through slush or whipped by wind I will inevitably mutter, "Why do I live here?" Then I will come back and look at these photos of a perfect winter wonderland and feel badly for people who are deprived of the beauty of the changing seasons...





I really wish I'd had a toboggan.  I'm certain I could train Henry to pull it back up the hill for me...


Back home Henry takes a good roll in the snow...

 ... and I count crows. Or lost count rather... Often when I drive home across town late in the afternoon the old trees downtown are black and trembling with hundreds of crows.  I love watching them all move together and gather in the same spots year after year.  We all have our traditions,  I guess.



No comments: