Wednesday, August 11, 2010

emma

There are so many reasons to love Emma Thompson: 
Her career has been dominated by literary adaptations and period pieces; the kind I love to curl up with on a Saturday afternoon.
She has two Oscars (and is the only person ever to win for both acting and screen-writing), two Golden Globes and an Emmy along with a slew of other awards and nominations.
Her college boyfriend at Cambridge was Hugh Laurie. Thirty years later they're still chums.
She had her first child at age 40.
She's funny: "In one scene I get to stand at the top of the stairs waving an empty sherry bottle which is, of course, a typical scene from my daily life, so isn't much of a stretch."
According to her latest co-star Maggie Gyllenhaal: "She's cooked me roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, while acting and writing and producing a huge, multimillion-dollar studio movie."
AND this weekend at the ceremony for her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, she posed outside the "Pig-n-Whistle" with a pint and a pig and still manages to look classier than your average celebrity.


1 comment:

You Are My Fave said...

She's really funny in every interview I see with her. And I like that she's not so obsessed with being 100 pounds.