Tuesday, September 1, 2009

How I spent my summer vacation

And I'm back. It's been too long. So long in fact that today I actually mis-remembered my blog address. That, friends, is too, too long. However, I have decided that much like the stars of my favourite TV shows (hello, Tina Fey! Kiss, kiss, Jim Parsons!) I deserve a summer hiatus. Unlike the stars of my favourite TV shows I have not spent the summer getting boatloads of Emmy noms or growing a goatee. Here's a recap...

There were afternoon concerts in the parks.


And evening openings at the local galleries.

Fresh food from the market and the garden...


Lots of cousins to visit...




Luke and Denis came to play on my island - a great way to celebrate my birthday!


There was a LOT of kayaking...

.... and being amazed by nature...





... and treasure hunting.

Paolo Nutini and Diane Birch are now on repeat on my iPod. And to my amazement I can't get enough of Pete Yorn's duet with Scarlett Johansson.
So that, in a nutshell, was summer 2009. And you? How did you spend your summer vacation?

No comments: