Wednesday, May 8, 2013

i and love and harvest



When it comes to bands I could have seen but didn't, I don't hold on to a lot of musical regrets.  But missing The Avett Brothers at last year's Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival here in Fredericton is definitely at the top of the list.   So I was over the moon to learn that I will get a do-over this September!  The darlings of the folk-rock world are part of an impressive line-up announced yesterday for the Festival's 23rd year.   Over six days 400+ musicians will take over six city blocks for 150 performances electrifying our little riverfront capital.

The other act I'm especially excited to see is Michael Franti and Spearhead who make their Harvest debut.this year.  "Say Hey (I Love You)" is actually my warm-up song for my morning jog along the city's waterfront.  I can't even imagine the energy they'll bring to a live show in the Alexander Keith's Blues Tent.

We'll have to wait until September to experience the live event but until then here's a small sampling of what Harvest go-ers are in for!  And don't forget tickets go on sale on Saturday!

Harvest Jazz & Blues 2013 by Heather Allaby on Grooveshark

No comments: