Tuesday, June 12, 2012

salvaged sunday

I woke up at 7:20 Sunday morning to the sound of half a dozen men in hard hats loudly setting up pylons to block part of my street.  It quickly became apparent that sleep was out of the question.  And then they started sawing... the... pavement. I decided that since a rare lazy morning was off the agenda I should be productive.  By 9:30 I had finished a batch of blackberry jelly.  By 9:35 the jack-hammering had started.

Relief came in the form of my friend Hetty who had been following my plight on Twitter (I normally don't like to use social media to air my grievances but sometimes a well-placed rant pays off!) So I gathered my knitting and my dog and headed to the peace and quiet of her house at the edge of Odell Park.  We sat in the sunshine overlooking a little stream, drinking tea and eating freshly baked Speerville trail mix cookies (thanks to her husband!) and enjoyed a few hours of knitting and good company.  
And when I got home the work crews were gone and life was tranquil once more.

No comments: