Wednesday, July 6, 2011

a royal glad girl


Of all the great accoutrements the Duchess of Cambridge has donned during her Canadian tour, her best accessories have to be her big toothy grin and unflappable, unabashed enthusiasm.  

I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
Audrey Hepburn
 


One of my favourite "Kate" moments came in PEI when she was dressed down in jeans, a hoodie and still sopping from her dragon boat race.  Security was trying to round up the Royals for the departing motorcade and while they were focused on Wills, Kate scampered back to the crowds for a few last handshakes.  I mean, Her Royal Highness practically skipped.  It was adorable.  


Macleans magazine has put together a cute slideshow of "Stuff Kate Middleton is thrilled about in Canada" with some of the her best expressions and cheeky-sweet lists of what she's thrilled about in each.  

In a world where fashionable cynicism often reigns, a tip of the fascinator to the royal glad girl!




1 comment:

Laura said...

this post made me glad! Isn't she just lovely. I'm so happy that she's putting such a wonderful, fresh face on the monarchy! Also, I want all of her hats!